Tours / Times
8:30am – 11:30am
1:00pm – 4:00pm
Winter (May – August)
10:00am – 1:00pm
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Where we go
- We leave from Clarks Beach and follow the coastline out to the Cape
- We catch up with our dolphin friends at Wategos Beach
- We stop at Wategos Beach for a morning tea / afternoon tea
- We surf the waves
- We keep you entertained the whole time making your experience a safe and memorable one
Take in some of the best sights the East Coast has to offer. Learn about local history, aboriginal history, the lighthouse, dolphins, whales and turtles. See the Most Easterly Point of the Australian mainland. This is all part of your Byron Bay sea kayak experience with Cape Byron Kayaks.
See and learn these things and more while you paddle in your sea kayak around the famous Byron Bay marine reserve.
Our standard rate is $69pp for adults and $59pp for children under 12 years, please call us direct on 02 6680 9555 for group discount rates.
- All safety gear and equipment including life jackets, wetsuits and helmets.
- Access to tour photos. All photos on CBK Facebook page
- Kayak surfing
- Morning or afternoon tea with all the Tim Tams you can eat and hot and cold drinks
- Access to Cape Byron Headland National Park
- Dolphin guarantee – if you don’t see a dolphin you can come again for free!
- No experience required
- Children welcome and child under 12 discount
- Whale season May – November
- Pick up / Drop off from accommodation
What to bring
Sunscreen, water bottle, waterproof camera, towel for afterwards. We provide wetsuits if required.
Why kayak with Cape Byron Kayaks
- Seasonal time changes, Summer we go early to beat the heat and north winds, winter we go later to miss the south west winds which drop off around 10.30am.
- Long, easy to paddle, stable sit on top kayaks
- We see dolphins on 90% of tours
- National Park access into Wategos or Little Wategos for morning afternoon tea, enabling more of an opportunity to see dolphins
- Paddle around the cape, conditions permitting
- We give customers full instruction on kayak wave surfing and allow time for customers to catch waves should they wish to
- All guides are fully qualified Surf Life Savers trained to the highest industry standard and have a fully qualified sense of humour!
- All guides are local surfers and excellent watermen that share a wealth of local knowledge ensuring customers receive personal attention on the safest AND most fun kayak tour !... making your experience a safe and memorable one
Private, corporate and educational tours
Please contact us to tailor a tour to suit your corporate or educational needs. We have been operating since 1995 and are ready to make your Byron Bay sea kayaking experience exactly how you want it!
Opposite 62 Lawson St, 15 mins prior to the tour.
View Larger Map
Cape Byron Kayaks is licensed by; Byron Shire Council, NSW Maritime (HD0505), Cape Byron Conservation Area Trust and Cape Byron Marine Park